Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Thanksgiving. Gratitude. Priceless treasures when we have them and express them.
For the past two weeks I have been thinking of several blogs to write. However, when I am ready to blog at 9:00 or 10:00 at night, my brain isn’t ready. Exhausted from the day, I’m blank.
It’s 8:20 a.m. and I have been walking in the rain for an hour. Stopping to change out of wet clothes and get my poncho on, I thought I would write a short blog on “thanksgiving…being thankful…gratitude.” So here goes…a morning blog compliments of the rain in Russell Springs, Kentucky. I’ll just list a few because my “cup runneth over” and might mean by “blog runneth over.”
I’M THANKFUL FOR…
- The rain…makes Kentucky so green and gives me a few moments to share with you.
- My wife…marvelous gift to me from God…I could not make this walk without her.
- My health…for 2,200+ miles God has given me excellent health.
- An incredible family…I pray for each one daily and treasure them as gifts from God.
- YOU…friends, prayer partners, supporters of the walk, soldiers with me to get Satan out of the homes of America.
- Our country…America is beautiful…deserts and forests…all have their beauty.
- Divine Appointments…people we just “happen” to meet on the walk…Thank you, Jesus!
- Home visits…the last two have been stunning…a book could be written about each one!
- My feet…walking each day without complaining and loving Sundays, the day of “no walk.”
- Preaching my first sermon on the walk about the walk…an awesome blessing for me!
- Sharing with churches (3 in the last two weeks) about the walk…one more tonight!
- Seeing the hunger for Jesus (not religion or church) with the people we meet on the road.
- A warm, dry RV where I can sit and share some deep gratitude with you!
- My home church in Newbury Park…an amazing team of people committed to Jesus.
- The Apostle Paul for his words in Philippians 4:6-7, teaching us to pray, but undergird all prayer with thanksgiving…be grateful…let the Lord fill your cup and tell Him “thank you.”
- JESUS…who walks with me and talks with me and listens to me daily…and fills my cup so I am running over!
Blessings to each one of you. Take a moment to write down at least 10 things you are thankful for and tell Jesus “thank you.” I’ll give you one to start…HEAVEN!! That’s our eternal home for all who belong to Jesus.
As you write these 10 things (or more) down, prepare to be blessed so you can bless others with your cup of blessings that “runneth over.” Happy running!!
Jim / Inviting America Home so they can have Jesus in their hearts and homes on their way HOME!