After 21 months, I’m back!!
Where did I go? It’s a long story, but worth repeating.
My last blog was on January 13, 2014. That was 525 days ago. It has gone so fast.
In my last blog I tried to answer the question, “What’s Next?” after walking across America in 2013.
I had three answers.
- I’m walking. I walked daily until May 5, 2014, when I ruptured a disc in my back (L4 L5) moving a potted plant. Didn’t walk at all for awhile. After 2 epidurals and months of physical therapy, my walking resumed.
- I’m writing. I wrote for several months about the Walk. About November, 2014, I began to work with Xulon Press to create a manuscript for a book.
- I’m working. I continued working as one of the pastors of the Newbury Park First Christian Church and adjunct professor of TCMI Institute in Austria.
Today I have three updates.
- I’m walking again. My back is much better. I recently walked 10 miles to the beach. I’M BACK!!
- I’m writing still. My wife and I are very close to launching a book on the Walk across America. We just sent a final proof to Xulon Press, believing the book will be published and released before Thanksgiving. The title is WALKING ACROSS AMERICA One Step At A Time by Jim and Glenda Buckley. We’re excited!!
- I’m working still. As one of the pastors of the Newbury Park First Christian Church, I rejoiced with our church family as we celebrated or 50th anniversary of the church this past Sunday night with over 400 people at a celebration banquet. I’m also teaching at TCMI Institute, just returning with Glenda on September 24 from my most recent teaching assignment.
It’s great to be back!!
So spread the word. Dr. Jim is back and a book on the Walk across America is coming very, very soon!!
Watch for it: WALKING ACROSS AMERICA One Step At A Time by Jim and Glenda Buckley
After being gone for 525 days, you’ll hear from me again soon. I promise!!
I’d love to hear from you.
Walking with Jim